World News

Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19

Queen Elizabeth II of England has tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, a fortnight after marking 70 years on the throne.

Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19

Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19

Buckingham Palace confirmed the development in a statement on Sunday, saying that the 95-year-old Queen is experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” but will continue “light duties” at Windsor over the coming week.

“She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines,” the palace said.

The Queen had been in contact with her eldest son and heir, the Prince of Wales, who tested positive last week.

Charles, who has received jabbed thrice, contracted the virus for the second time after testing positive for the disease in March 2020.

After the contact, the palace had said the Queen would be ‘closely monitored’ by doctors.

ALSO READ: Prince Philip, Husband of Queen Elizabeth II Has Died Aged 99

READ:  Coronavirus: Nigerian Senate Asks FG To Impose Travel Ban On US, UK, Italy, China, Others

Entertainment1 hour ago