Entertainment

I Used To Store My Clothes In Empty Freezer Because I Had No Wardrobe – Adesua Etomi

Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi has recounted how she struggled with accommodation issues at a tender age after her mother traveled to the United Kingdom.

I Used To Store My Clothes In Empty Freezer Because I Had No Wardrobe - Adesua Etomi

Adesua Etomi Shares Her Childhood Experiences

During the latest edition of ‘BlackBox’ with media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, the actress revealed that she lived with different relatives after her mother relocated to the UK.

Adesua said when her “living conditions” didn’t go well with her relatives, she moved into a small apartment with her sister where the both struggled for food

She added that the apartment, which is just a room and a parlour, was stuffy because they had no wardrobe to keep their clothes, so they opted to fold them in an empty freezer.

The actress said, “We started off staying with dad’s sister, then dad’s brother, when those living situations didn’t work out, i stayed with my grandpa. When that didn’t work out, we moved to a property in a place called Jeba.

READ:  Tiwa Savage Says She Would Have Had Five Baby Mamas If She Were A Male Artiste

“My sister and I started living alone. That was quite hard because we were very young. There are days when there’d be no food.

“There were so much stuff in the place and it was just a room and a parlour, we used to fold our clothes in an empty freezer because there was no wardrobe.

“We went through our share of tough times, and I think that’s part of the things that have shaped who I am right now.

“I’m grateful for that experience and I wouldn’t want any child to go through that because no child should have to go through it. But that was the situation we found ourself and we made the best of it as much as we could.”

READ:  "Christians That Say I'm Not Born Again Because I Wear Bikini Are Bitter And Envious" - Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Lashes Out At Critics

The mother of one said she later joined her mother in the United Kingdom when she was 14.

The film star, 34, described her initial experience in London as a “culture shock”, adding that she was bullied.

“I was African, [so the kids there would always tell me that], and they made it seem like something you should be ashamed. They tried to bully me but you can’t bully me.

“I stood up for myself. Bullying was quite a thing at the time. So you hear about lot of bullying stories,” Adesua said.

READ:  PHOTOS: Nigeria's Representative To Big Brother Africa "Fingered" By Angelo

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily recalls that Adesua Etomi had recently taken to social media to celebrate her son’s first birthday after God saved her from a postpartum haemorrhage.

READ:  "Take Down The Videos Within 24 Hours" - Destiny Etiko Threatens Prankster Untouchable

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News47 mins ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News7 hours ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 1
World News22 hours ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

Iran President Ebrahim Raisi Feared Dead as helicopter crashes and is yet to be found 2
News23 hours ago

Fans Request Refund Of $50,000 Donations After Korra Obidi Travelled To Hawaii For Vacation

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

Oritsefemi Blames Caroline Danjuma For Making Him Marry His Ex-Wife, Nabila Fash [Video]

Oleksandr Usyk Beats Tyson Fury To Become Undisputed Heavyweight Championship [Highlights}
Sports1 day ago

"Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once" – Late Singer's Father

“Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once” – Late Singer’s Father

Women’s Super League: Chelsea Wins Fifth Consecutive WSL Title With 6-0 Victory Over Man Utd

"I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter" – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

“I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter” – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

Manchester City Star, Phil Foden Wins Premier League Player Of The Season