Metro

Four Chrisland Teachers Arraigned For Attempting To Conceal Students’ Sεx Video

Lagos State Police Command has arraigned four teachers of Chrisland School for allegedly concealing a sex tape involving one of its students.

Four Chrisland Teachers Arraigned For Attempting To Conceal Students' Sεx Video

Chrisland School Girl Video

KanyiDaily had reported how a 10-year-old female student of Chrisland School was seen having sεx with her classmates during a trip to Dubai, where they participate in the World School Games (WSG) between March 10 and 13, 2022.

The student’s mother had claimed that her daughter was raped, but Chrisland said the girl took part in a “truth-or-dare” game with other male students who had sεx with her while recording the incident and posted it on Instagram.

On Tuesday, four staff members – three male and a female – who accompanied the students to Dubai were docked at a Yaba chief magistrate court in Lagos.

The police charged Oladotun Sotunde, 56; Elesho Tajudeen; 32, Rhoda Olanipekun; 45, and Ajigboye Hammed, 41, with two counts of conspiracy and attempt to pervert justice.

The teachers, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

READ:  Calling Anybody A Dog Is A Compliment - Reno Omokri

Yetunde Cardoso, the police officer in charge of the legal department at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, appeared with Augustine Nwabuisi for the prosecution.

Cardoso said the defendants committed the offence on April 25, at Chrisland School, in Victoria Garden City, Idimu, Lagos.

The police officer said the defendants were asked to chaperone the students to Dubai for a world school game.

According to her, the students engaged in indecent sexual acts while on the trip, and a 10-year-old student made a sex tape which the teachers allegedly conspired to conceal.

She said the teachers allegedly obstructed the course of justice by hiding the indecent acts of the students’ sex video before it later went viral.

READ:  Bandits Attack Kaduna Mosque During Evening Prayer, Abduct 14 Worshippers

The offence, she said, contravene the provisions of 411 and 97 (1) (3) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015 (revised).

Section 97 provides seven years imprisonment for the offence of attempting to pervert justice while Section 411 provides two years for conspiracy.

Adeola Adedayo, the chief magistrate, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N300,000 each with three responsible sureties each in like sum.

She held that the sureties must submit copies of their National Identification Number (NIN), and their Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) card.

READ:  Agba Jalingo Is Detained Because He Tried To Overthrow President Buhari - Gov Ben Ayade

She further directed that one of the sureties must be a landowner, but all of them must be residing within the court’s jurisdiction and be gainfully employed with evidence of three years of tax payment to the Lagos government.

Adebayo ruled that the case file be duplicated and sent to the Lagos directorate of public prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.

The magistrate adjourned the case until June 13 for mention.

KanyiDaily recalls that the police had invited all parties involved in the sεx tape scandal involving pupils of Chrisland School in the Victoria Island Garden City.

READ:  Nigerian Man From Ethiopia Excretes 77 Pellets Of Cocaine On Arrival At Enugu Airport

Business18 hours ago