Politics

Governor Ayade Sacks Traditional Ruler, Itam Hogan For Attending PDP Meeting

Cross River State Governor, Ben Ayade has sacked the paramount ruler of Calabar South Council, Itam Hogan Itam, for attending a meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Governor Ayade Sacks Traditional Ruler, Itam Hogan For Attending PDP Meeting

Akwa Ibom Monarch Sacked

It was gathered that Itam attended a PDP meeting of the southern senatorial district caucus where Arthur Jarvis was said to have been endorsed as a consensus governorship candidate for the 2023 election.

The monarch’s attendance at the meeting which was presided by a former state governor, Donald Duke, reportedly contravened the Cross River state traditional edict.

A letter dated May 11 and signed by the special adviser to the governor on chieftaincy affairs, Adoga Victor, said the monarch has been sacked with immediate effect for dabbling into partisan politics.

READ:  Nigerian Student, Aminu Mohammed Remanded In Prison For Criticizing Aisha Buhari

Itam was also directed to immediately return the certificate of recognition to the state’s department of chieftaincy affairs in the governor’s office.

“Following the report of the panel set up by the Cross River State Traditional Rulers Council (CRSTRC) and the approval of His Excellency, you have been removed as the village head, clan head of Ukem and paramount ruler of Efuts with immediate effect to enable you go ahead to do your partisan politics.

“You have therefore ceased to be so recognised and cannot operate as such forthwith,” the letter reads.

This comes a few weeks after Governor Ben Ayade declared his intention to contest the 2023 presidency on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

READ:  Hollywood Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide