Entertainment

Nigeria Dominate Afrobeats Because We Make The Best Music – Fireboy DML [Video]

Nigerian singer, Fireboy DML claims Nigerian musicians are dominating Afrobeats because the country makes the best music in the genre.

Nigeria Dominate Afrobeats Because We Make The Best Music - Fireboy DML [Video]

Fireboy Speaks On Afrobeats

The singer stated this on Sunday while speaking to a presenter at the just-concluded 2022 BET Awards where he delivered an energetic performance of his hit songs “Playboy” and “Peru”.

The presenter had asked Fireboy why most Nigerian singers are dominating the Afrobeats genre at the moment, and he responded by citing the country’s population advantage, adding that Nigerian artists are better.

He said, “Afrobeats is getting more recognition and [my performance] is just super proof of that. The influence of Afrobeats right now is coming from Nigeria because we make the best Afrobeats music.

“And I think it’s a lot of people, over 200 million. There’s so much talent out there too. Also, as Nigerians, we love to excel wherever we find ourselves. So we go all out. I mean, big ups to every other country but we make the best.”

READ:  PHOTO: Popular Yoruba Actor Arrested For Raping Daughter’s Friend

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily had earlier reported that Tems made history as the first Nigerian female artist to win the ‘Best International Act’ category at the 2022 edition of the BET Awards.

Nigerian Afrobeat star, Wizkid also won the ‘best collaboration’ for his hit song “Essence,” featuring American pop singer, Justin Bieber, and Tems, at the BET Awards 2022.

READ:  Pictures Of Celebrities On Pyjamas at Events