Entertainment

Buju BNXN Denies Spitting On Police Officer’s Face, Says His Life Was Threatened

Nigerian singer, BNXN, formally known as Buju, has clarified his statement about ‘spitting on a police officer’ during an altercation between them in Lagos State.

Buju BNXN Denies Spitting On Police Officer's Face, Says He's Life Was Threatened

Buju BNXN Clashes With Police Officers In Lagos

KanyiDaily had published a viral video showing the 25-year-old singer shirtless, with just his singlet, arguing and confronting some police officers who blocked his car.

Although it’s unclear what led to the confrontation between them, Buju took to his Twitter page to brag that he spat in an officer’s face and it felt so good.

“Spat in a police officer’s face and it felt so good. I let you in my car and you dragged and tear my shirt, and start slapping me? (Sic) Nah, everybody must stop!” he wrote in the deleted post.

Buju’s comment elicited a wave of criticism on social media with Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Ben Hundeyin threatening that the singer “must surely answer for his alleged assault on a police officer”.

Hundeyin, who threatened sanctions against the singer via his Twitter page, also vowed to ensure that the police officers involved are punished if found wanting.

READ:  Yeni Kuti Reveals Why She Won't Leave Her Marriage Even If Her Husband Is Cheating [Video]

Buju Clarifies His Statement

A few hours after the police statement, Buju made a U-turn, stating that the expression “spat in a police officer’s face” was simply an “idiomatic expression” that should not be taken seriously.

The singer said his confrontation with police officers was because he was in a life-threatening situation, noting that his action does not in any way support violence or abuse against the police.

He wrote, “My since deleted tweet stating that I spat in a police officers face was an idiomatic expression to say I disrespected a police officer to his face and not the literal way people may have taken it on social media. I do not support violence or abuse against the police in any form.

“Yesterday, I was in a life threatening situation which caused me to lash out due to the physical assault on me by some policemen who have now been brought to book. However, I just want to focus on what’s important to me, my music. Thank you for all the love and concern.

“I stood on my right as a responsible Nigerian, despite the violence against my person and I do not want my deleted tweet to be taken seriously. I appreciate the swift intervention of some reputable police officers on this matter too. Love.”

READ:  "My Father Never Wanted Me To Be A Musician" – Governor Soludo’s Son, Ozonna

KanyiDaily recalls that Buju BNXN had recently called for the legalization of weed (marijuana) in Nigeria to prevent it from falling into the hands of “dangerous people”.

READ:  Two Categories Of People That Gossip The Most In Nigeria - Davido Reveals, Describes Them As Dangerous

News1 day ago