Lobi Stars Says It Has Not Made Any Move For Cristiano Ronaldo
Lobi stars said the club has not made any contact with Ronaldo or his representatives.
Recall that Kanyi Daily reported that Ronaldo’s contract was terminated following the five-time Ballon d’Or winner’s explosive interview with Piers Morgan about the management of the club and the manager, Erik ten Hag.
Ronaldo said the club had remained stagnant since Sir Alex Ferguson left back in 2013, adding that there was no growth whatsoever. He also said he had no respect for Ten Hag cause the manager had no respect for him.
Reports have since then suggested that the Makurdi-based side was eyeing the 37-year-old but the club has denied such links.
“Please be informed that #WeAreLobi is yet to make any contact with representatives of #CristianoRonaldo following his release from Manchester United,” the Nigeria Professional Football League said in a tweet on their verified handle late Wednesday. “We wish him the best & #LobiStars will make no further comment on this.”
LOBI STARS STATEMENT ON CRISTIANO RONALDO LINK
— Lobi Stars FC (@LobiStars) November 23, 2022
This was disclosed by his wife Constance Kelvin Okoye in a Facebook comment on Wednesday evening while reacting to a post made by one Nelly Agbogu.