Entertainment

Kim Kardashian Seeks Quick Divorce, Says “Kanye West Must Accept Our Marriage Is Over”

American reality TV star, Kim Kardashian has filed new documents urging the court to speed up their divorce to end her marriage to estranged husband, Kanye West.

Kim Kardashian Seeks Quick Divorce From Kanye West, Says "He Must Accept Our Marriage Is Over"

Kim Kardashian Seeks Quick Divorce From Kanye West

In the court documents filed on Wednesday, February 23, the mother of four made her desire to be divorced very clear in the 155-page file, saying it would help her estranged husband to accept that their marriage is over.

The 41-year-old reality star said she asked the rapper to keep their divorce proceedings out of the public eye “but he has not done so” and caused her “emotional distress” with his social media posts.

Kardashian, who also revealed why speeding up the divorce proceedings is so important to her, pleaded with the judge to restore her status to a single person to “begin the healing process” and “move forward.”

She argued that further delaying the divorce “will only create further tension and anxiety” between her and the 44-year-old rapper who she accused of attempting to “rewrite the terms of the parties` prenuptial agreement.”

READ:  Orlando Bloom Strips Down at the Beach Again, Gets overly touchy with Katy Perry [PHOTOS]

The court document reads, “Since filing for divorce, Mr. West, by his actions, has made it clear that he does not accept that the parties’ marital relationship is over.

“Mr. West has disseminated on social media the parties’ private communications and misinformation about personal family matters and co-parenting, which has caused emotional distress.

“Terminating marital status should help Mr. West to accept that the parties’ marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist in peacefully co-parenting the parties’ children.

“I very much desire to be divorced. I have asked Kanye to keep our divorce private, but he has not done so. Kanye has been putting a lot of misinformation regarding our private family matters and co-parenting on social media which has created emotional distress.

READ:  Actress Doris Ogala Acquires New House In Abuja [Video]

“I believe that the court terminating our marital status will help Kanye to accept that our marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist us in peacefully co-parenting our children.”

“While I wish our marriage would have succeeded, I have come to the realization that there is no way to repair our marriage. Kanye does not agree but at least it appears that he has come to the realization that I want to end our marriage, even if he does not.

“I ask that the Court restore me to the status of a single person so that I can begin the healing process and so that our family can begin the healing process and move forward in this new chapter in our lives.”

KanyiDaily had reported that Kim Kardashians, who filed to divorce Kanye West in February 2021, shares four kids with West: daughters North and Chicago and sons Saint, 6, and Psalm, 2.

The former celebrity couple has both moved on with new relationships. West dated Julia Fox for six weeks, while Kardashian is currently seeing Pete Davidson.

READ:  "DMX Is Still Alive, On Life Support" - Rapper's Manager Says Amid Death Rumours [Video]

Entertainment49 mins ago