“God Crushed APC And All Its Federal Might” – Governor Udom Of Akwa Ibom Reacts To His Victory

"God Crushed APC And All Its Federal Might" – Governor Udom Of Akwa Ibom Reacts To His Victory 3

The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Emmanuel Udom said God has defeated the All Progressives Congress (APC) and all its federal might in reaction to his re-election victory at the governorship poll.

Governor Udom who is seeking re-election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), won thirty local government areas, including Ikot-Abasi, the local government of his opponent Obong Nsima Ekere but lost to APC in Essien Udim, Senator Godswill Akpabio’s local government.

The Returning Officer (RO), Prof. Faraday Osasere Orumwense, Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin (UNIBEN), Edo state, said Governor Udom polled a total number 519,712 votes to defeat Ekere, who scored 171,978 – a winning margin of 347,734 votes.

The governor in reaction to his victory on Sunday night, thanked the people of Akwa Ibom for their support. He said:

“You went out to the polls and again reaffirmed the supremacy of God in the affairs of our lives. While others put their trust in the weapons of violence and destruction they had fashioned against our people, and had openly boasted of the invincibility of their Federal might, we put our trust and faith in the ONLY God we know and worship. The ONLY GOD who never disappoints. And He did not disappoint! To Him alone, we give thanks, glory and adorations!

“Let me on behalf of my wife, Her Excellency, Mrs. Martha Udom Emmanuel, thank you my dear people from the bottom of my heart for reaffirming your faith in my capacity to continue to superintend over the affairs of this God’s own piece of Royal Real Estate.

“I want to commend you for the peaceful manner you went about exercising your civic responsibility; you refused to be shaken or cowed by those who thought they could bend your will; you refused to be intimidated by those who promised Armageddon and war on our people. You proved that the army of God can never be defeated by the army of man no matter the size. You deserve our eternal gratitude.

“The election was hard-fought but God gave us the victory and I hereby dedicate this victory to Him ALONE and of course, you my dear Akwaibomites. To those who ran against me, I urge them to join hands with me to build the Akwa Ibom State of our dream: an industrialized State where education, healthcare delivery, food sufficiency, peace and security, infrastructural renaissance, foreign investments shall remain abiding articles of faith.

“If we were able to achieve so much in the last almost four years which have been the years of lean resources, my prayer is that in the next four years which we hope would be the years of plenty, we will continue to judiciously appropriate the resources to impact lives, change our story and move Akwa Ibom to such enviable height of prosperity and growth that would be the envy of the nation and indeed the world.

“If California, a State on the West Coast of the United States could be the 6th largest economy in the world, I think with the fresh mandate you have given me, we will work harder to make Akwa Ibom State a major economic power in Africa. Your fresh mandate has fired me up; the passion to do the most for our people remains right and uplifting. We will not fail you.

“We have all we need to be great, the mind-set of our people have been changed, thanks to our Dakkada philosophy, we have great talents and a propelling desire to be successful. Our youths are embracing an ownership culture and the need to use the works of their hands and their creative instincts to create wealth for themselves.

“As we get ready to start our second term, I urge you to continue to maintain the peace we have so far enjoyed, show love to your neighbours, and let our minds be conditioned by the immortal words of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln who in his famous Second Anniversary speech after a bitter Civil War had promised to run a government “with malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right.” I promise you I will run a government with “malice toward none, with charity for all.”

“God bless Akwa Abasi Ibom State, God bless our nation, and it is well with us all! ONLY GOD!”

"I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman" – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

“I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman” – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

"My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

“My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

"Don't Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma's Wedding" - Do2dtun Warns Artists

“Don’t Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma’s Wedding” – Do2dtun Warns Artists

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 6
News21 hours ago

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters

Yul Edochie Places N1m Bounty On People Plotting To Hurt His Children, Kill Judy Austin

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health2 days ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja – BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja
Metro3 days ago

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger - Joe Igbokwe

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger – Joe Igbokwe

"They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened" - Cubana Chief Priest [Video]

“They Tried To Stop Davido, Chioma’s Wedding But God’s Will Happened” – Cubana Chief Priest [Video]