#EndSARS: “Soldiers Who Shot Protesters In Lekki Must Face The Law” – US Government

United States Government on Thursday condemned the use of excessive force by military forces who shot unarmed #EndSARS protesters Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos State.

#EndSARS: "Soldiers Who Shot Protesters In Lekki Must Face The Law" - US Government 3

KanyiDaily had reported how Nigerian Soldiers opened fire on peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate, killing about nine people and injuring so many others on Tuesday night, October 21, 2020.

Reacting in a statement issued on Thursday, the US Secretary of States, Michael Pompeo, demanded that the soldiers behind the Lekki shootings must be brought to book.

“The United States strongly condemns the use of excessive force by military forces who fired on unarmed demonstrators in Lagos, causing death and injury.

READ:  Police Rescue Man From Abductors Den!

“We welcome an immediate investigation into any use of excessive force by members of the security forces. Those involved should be held to account in accordance with Nigerian law.

“The right to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression are essential human rights and core democratic principles. We call on the security services to show maximum restraint and respect fundamental rights and for demonstrators to remain peaceful. We extend our condolences to the victims of the violence and their families.”

Meanwhile, Major Gen. John Eneche of the Nigerian Army has stated that the videos showing military men shooting at #EndSARS protesters were all photoshopped.

READ:  Woman Paraded Nαked For Allegedly Killing Husband Through Adultery In Anambra [Video]

News1 day ago