It was gathered that the gas leakage occurred Wednesday morning and the affected areas include Computer Village, Ikeja Underbridge end of Awolowo Way, Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, and Medical Road.
In a statement issued by Ibrahim Farinloye, the spokesperson for NEMA (south-west), on Wednesday, the agency asked residents to avoid using anything inflammable and to take safety precautions to prevent any form of disaster as a result of the gas leakage.
He said, “Residents around Computer Village, Underbridge Awolowo Way, and Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, Medical Road must not open shops or use open naked fire for safety reasons.
“Distressed alert just received indicates massive leakage of gas pipeline around these areas. Residents are advised to take safety precautions to prevent any form of disaster.”
Farinloye, in another statement, said the gas leakage has been brought under control. He asked residents to go about their daily routine without any worry, noting that officials have continued to divert traffic around the affected areas.
KanyiDaily had reported how a gas plant explosion left several persons dead and many badly injured in Agbor, headquarters of Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State.