Entertainment

#EndSARS: Mr Macaroni, Falz Reject Governor Sanwo-Olu’s Invite For Peace Walk

Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz, and comedian Debo Adebayo, also known as Mr Macaroni, have both rejected the invitation of Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu to a peace walk for “the healing of Lagos” in December 2021.

#EndSARS: Mr Macaroni, Falz Reject Governor Sanwo-Olu's Invite For Peace Walk

KanyiDaily recalls that Governor Sanwo-Olu had invited Falz, Mr Macaroni, Seun Kuti, and other notable youths to join him for a peace walk in commemoration of the #EndSARS movement

Reacting on their various social media page, Mr Marcaroni said genuine peacemaking should begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel, while Falz described the ‘walk of peace’ as a joke and a very disrespectful one at that.

Mr Macaroni Rejects Sanwo-Olu’s Peace Walk

In a post shared on his Twitter page, Mr Marcaroni declined Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation, recalling how he was arrested, stripped naked, brutalized and dehumanized because he joined a peaceful protest against police brutality.

READ:  Lil Frosh Reconciles With His Ex-Girlfriend As She Withdraws Assault Case Against Him

He wrote, “The last walk wey I do, na so dem bundle me, strip me naked, brutalize and dehumanize me. I no carry gun, I no carry weapon. As dem dey beat me, dem dey ask why I dey disturb Mr Governor. Now dem say make I come do walk. For another round of beating??

“Abeg o. If I wan lose weight, I go go gym. Same peaceful walk wey Nigerian Youths do wey dem kill them? Some are still in prison.. some have gone into hiding. Their lives no longer theirs all because we decided to walk against police brutality.

“Mr Governor has said it in his speech. That to be a center of Excellence, we have to be a Center of Truth. Before there can be healing, the government has to be sincere. There must be acceptance of wrongdoings and willingness to correct them.

“I humbly decline the Invitation of Mr Governor. The Government themselves set up a panel. The panel has made recommendations. I believe that genuine peacemaking will begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel. Then we can begin to trust the government.

“Finally, I’m not at war with anyone. Not with the Government, police or politicians. All we are asking is that our leaders place value on our lives as citizens and lead us with love, fairness, truth and justice, to enable all Nigerians live a better life in peace and unity.”

READ:  Tems Meets Jay-Z And Beyonce At Roc Nation Pre-Grammy Brunch [Video]

Falz Declines Sanwo-Olu’s Peace Walk

In a series of tweets, Falz wrote, “This suggestion of a ‘walk of peace’ sounds like a joke and a very disrespectful one at that. People were murdered in cold blood and absolutely no iota of justice has been served more than a year after. How can there be peace without justice?

“In this same speech, you said, ‘To be a smart city, we first must be a just one’. “Remember the young Nigerians that had their lives snatched away by weapons wielded by our own armed forces? You want to sweep that under the carpet? Is that how to establish a just city? #EndSARS.

“Young Nigerians, till today, are still being constantly harassed and extorted by police officers!! You were awfully quiet about that. Or are you not aware? #EndSARS.”

Meanwhile, Sanwo-Olu has released the White Paper on the Lagos EndSARS report, saying “the claim that many people were killed in Lekki as contained in the judicial panel’s report was false.”

READ:  #EndSARS Protest: Suspected Thugs Have Freed Prisoners In Another Prison In Benin City [Video]

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 3
Business20 hours ago