Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the 60th Independence Anniversary speech by President Muhammadu Buhari, blaming past leaders for Nigeria’s present woes.

Atiku Reacts After President Buhari Blamed Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan For Nigeria’s Problems 3

KanyiDaily recalls that while speaking on October 1, 2020, President Buhari blamed previous governments from 1999 to 2015 for the “near destruction of the country.”

According said his administration had the least resources to work with and has out-performed previous leaders who, he said, lunged Nigeria into near destruction.

However, reacting via his Twitter handle on Friday, Atiku said Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration was a period of restoration for Nigeria.

READ:  Hoodlums Kill Police Inspector In Ebonyi, Cut Off His Manhood After Snatching His Gun

According to him, Nigeria paid off her entire debt between 1999 and 2007 and maintained a 6% GDP growth. He wrote:

“Between 1999 and 2007, Nigeria paid off her entire foreign debt while maintaining an unprecedented 6% annual GDP growth.

“Those were periods of national restoration, and I am very proud of the work President Obasanjo and I did for this nation we care so much for. Facts don’t lie.”

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Buhari’s independence speech as a “huge slap on the sensibilities of Nigerians”.

READ:  Nigeria Signs Deal To Repay $1.5 Billion Loan With 30,000 Barrels Of Oil Per Day For 5 Years

Business18 hours ago