in

Anyone Who Dares Come Out On Monday In South-East Will Regret Their Life – IPOB

IPOB has dismissed a news report that it has suspended its sit-at-home order scheduled to start on Monday, August 9, 2021.

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has warned that anyone in the South-East who disobeys the sit-at-home order slated for Monday will regret their life.

Anyone Who Dares Come Out On Monday In South-East Will Regret Their Life - IPOB

IPOB stated this in a statement on Sunday while reacting to a news report that it has suspended its sit-at-home order scheduled to start on Monday, August 9, 2021.

KanyiDaily recalls that IPOB had issued a sit-at-home order in the South-East every Monday as part of its ways of protesting the detention of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, by the federal government.

The proscribed group said that the lockdown tagged ‘Ghost Monday’ will also affect all schools, marketplaces, and other economic activities in the region.

READ ALSO  "Stop Relating Overpopulation To Poverty" - Oluwo Of Iwo Condemns Family Planning In Nigeria

IPOB Suspends Monday’s Sit-At-Home Order

But Nnamdi Kanu’s brother, Kanunta in a statement on Sunday, announced that the order had been suspended to allow students in the region to participate in the activities of the National Examination Council (NECO).

The younger brother of the IPOB leader said that a new date for the commencement of the sit-at-home order would be announced later.

“IPOB has listened to pleas from well-meaning individuals and groups within and outside Biafra land that we consider the fate of our children who will be involved in the NECO Exam and based on that, we decided to shift grounds over the sit-at-home order,” he said.

Kanunta added that as a group fighting for the liberation of her people from oppression from her enemies, “we realized that it would amount to assisting the said enemies to inflict more harm on our children if we do not suspend the sit-at-home order to allow Biafra students to take their exams”.

IPOB Says Sit-At-Home Order ‘Sacrosanct’

Reacting in a swift statement on Sunday, IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, asked South-East residents to disregard Kanunta’s remark, stressing that the scheduled Monday’s sit-at-home order is sacrosanct.

Powerful added that anybody in the South-East who listens to that ‘deceptive’ statement by Kanunta and dares to go out on Monday will regret their life.

“The attention of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), ably led by our great leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been drawn to the purported suspension of Monday sit-at-home order issued by the leadership of IPOB has been suspended by some section of media (sic). We wish to remind every Biafran that the sit-at-home order remains sacrosanct on Monday, tomorrow.

“Anybody issuing press statement concerning IPOB sit-at-home order is fake and any statement without sit-at-home order or any activity of IPOB remain Comrade Emma Powerful the media and publicity secretary for IPOB (sic).
“Therefore, every Biafran should disregard regard every statement that is not from Emma Powerful or DOS and Radio Biafra.

“We know the situation of those going for exam tomorrow but our demand is for them to release our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and our people must understand that Fulani terrorists and Co. stopped our people school (sic) for three years during the genocidal war in 1967 to 1970 and it did not kill our people and this one day sacrifice for the release of somebody who has sacrificed a lot for our land.

“Anybody who ventures to come out tomorrow will regret his or her life. We warn you, tomorrow is total lockdown in every part of Biafra tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, Anambra State Government has warned that any worker who fails to be at their duty post on Monday would face severe sanctions including seizure of their August salary.

READ ALSO  EFCC Drags Notorious Ponzi Scheme Operator, Umanah To Court Over N2.9 Million Scam

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Actress Rita Dominic Reveals How She Was Blacklisted By Nollywood Producers

Actress Rita Dominic Reveals How She Was Blacklisted By Nollywood Producers

13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide At Her Grandmother's Residence In Edo [Video]

13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide At Her Grandmother’s Residence In Edo [Video]