in

UK Parliament Accuses Gowon Of Stealing ‘Half Of CBN’ And Running To London [Video]

“Gen. Gowon left Nigeria with half of CBN and moved to London,” UK Member of Parliament reveals.

A member of the United Kingdom parliament has accused a former Nigerian Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, of stealing half of the funds in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and moving them to London.

UK Parliament Accuses Gowon Of Stealing 'Half Of CBN' And Running To London [Video] 1

The UK parliament member made the allegation on Monday, November 23, 2020 during the House deliberation on the aftermath of the EndSARS protest, a demostration against police brutality and bad governance in Nigeria.

The parliament are debating on possible sanctions to be meted on Nigerian Government officials regarding the roles they played during the #EndSARS protest, and the killing of unarmed protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

Speaking during the plenary session on Monday, a parliamentarian alleged that Gen. Gowan, who was head of state in Nigeria from August 1966 to July 1975, looted half of CBN money while he was in power.

READ ALSO  American Rapper, Lil Wayne Traces His Original Roots, Finds Out He Is 53% Nigerian [Video]

“What we are seeing in Nigeria today is part of that story. It is a tragedy we are all witnessing because we see things falling apart.

“The problem this time is not foreign pressure known as colonialism. The pressure instead is corruption and violence and attempts at control (of power).

“We need to call out the corruption, we need to use the powers that we have in this country to stop those who are profiting from the wealth of that great nation and hiding it here.

READ ALSO  Niger Late Governor's Son Drags His Mother And Siblings To Court Over Father's Property

“Now some people will remember when general Gowon left Nigeria, he took half of the Central Bank, so it is said, and moved to London.

“We know today, even now in this great city of ours, there are sadly some people who have taken the wealth of Nigerian people and hidden their ill-gotten gains here.

“We know that our banks sadly have been used for that profit or that illegal transfer of asset and that means that the UK is in a unique position in being able to actually do something to really exert pressure on those who have robbed Nigerians,” he opined.

READ ALSO  "Nigeria Don’t Understand Igbo People, That's Why They're Always Chased From Pillar To Post" - Okorocha

Watch the video below:

READ ALSO  Governor Okorocha Reveals Why Oshiomhole And Amaechi Are Plotting Against Him By All Means

KanyiDaily had reported how Nigerian Soldiers opened fire on peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate, killing nine people and injuring so many others on Tuesday night, October 21, 2020.

Following the shooting incident, Lagos State Governor, Babajide  Sanwo-Olu blamed “forces beyond his control” for the attack, while insisting that he had no authority over military engagements.

Initially, the Nigerian Army denied deploying soldiers to the shooting scene at Lekki, adding that videos showing soldiers opening fire on the protesters were untrue as it was photoshopped.

READ ALSO  President Buhari Selling Future Generation With N24.947 Trillion Debt Profile - Obasanjo

However, the Army Chief,  Lt. Gen Tukur Buratai admitted that Nigerian soldiers were deployed to Lekki, noting that the officers were only ensuring compliance with a curfew put in place by Sanwo-Olu, earlier that day during the #EndSARS protest.

During an interview with CNN, Governor Sanwo-Olu pointed accusing fingers at the Nigerian Army for being responsible for the shooting of protesters at Lekki toll gate.

Reacting in a statement titled “Alleged Massacre of Protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza”, the Nigerian Army said its troops were deployed to Lekki, but that its operatives never opened fire on the protesters.

The Army Division explained that the intervention of the soldiers was on the request of the Lagos State Government to restor order to the troubled state.

READ ALSO  House Of Reps Kick As NERC Demands N2 Billion To Furnish Headquarters In Abuja

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

"18 In Kaduna, 17 In Abuja" - Nigeria Records 56 New Coronavirus Cases As Total Rises To 66,439 27

“18 In Kaduna, 17 In Abuja” – Nigeria Records 56 New Coronavirus Cases As Total Rises To 66,439

Minister Of Communication, Isa Pantami Announces Death Of His 13-Year-Old Daughter 28

Minister Of Communication, Isa Pantami Announces Death Of His 13-Year-Old Daughter