This was disclosed in a statement by the Permanent Secretary (General Services Office) in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olusegun A. Adekunle. It said:
“The interim management headed by Prof. Nelson Brambaifa has been directed to hand over to the most senior director in the Commission.
“The chairman and members of the newly composed Governing Board are, by this release, invited to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Monday, September 2, 2019 for proper documentation and briefing.
“They are to come along with their updated CVs and valid identification.”
The following were approved by the President as members of the new NDDC Board:
1. Chairman – Dr. Pius Odubu – Edo State
2. Managing Director – Bernard O. Okumagba – Delta State
3. Executive Director Projects – Engr. Otobong Ndem – Akwa Ibom State
4. Executive Director Finance & Admin. – Maxwell Okoh – Bayelsa State
5. Delta Rep – Prophet Jones Erue – Delta State
6. Edo Rep – Chief Victor Ekhatar – Edo State
7. Rivers Rep – Dr. Joy Yimebe Nunieh – Rivers State
8. Abia Rep – Nwogu Nwogu – Abia State
9. Bayelsa Rep – Theodore A. Allison – Bayelsa State
10. Akwa Ibom Rep – Victor Antai – Akwa Ibom State
11. Cross River Rep – Maurice Effiwatt – Cross River State
12. Ondo Rep – Olugbenga Elema – Ondo State
13. Imo Rep – Hon. Uchegbu Chidiebere Kyrian – Imo State
14. Northwest Rep – Aisha Murtala Muhammed – Kano State
15. Northeast Rep – Ardo Zubairu – Adamawa State
16. Southwest Rep – Engr. Badmus Mutalib – Lagos State
From Adamawa State, President Buhari appointed Ardo Zubairu to represent the North-East; while Badmus Mutalib was appointed from Lagos State to represent the South-West region on the NDDC board.